Full details of Qtown Covid vaccination centres
- by Peter Newport :
- Aug 26,2021
From the SDHB:
COVID-19 swabbing is available at two locations in Queenstown by appointment only. You do not need to be an enrolled patient to access swabbing. You can call 0800 VIRUS19 (O8OO 847 8719) to make a booking or call the practice directly. COVID-19 swabs are free.
People should be swabbed if they have been at a location of interest at the time listed by Ministry of Health, or if they are experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Queenstown Medical Centre is swabbing at 9 Isle Street, Queenstown on weekdays from 9am to 3.30pm, and on weekends from 10am to 1pm. People can call 03 441 0500 to arrange an appointment directly with practice.
- Wakatipu Medical Centre Queenstown is swabbing during weekdays from 8.30am to 5.30pm
at 11 McBride Street, Frankton. On Saturday swabbing is available from 9am- 1pm at 4 Thirteenth Avenue, Lower Shotover. People can call 03 442 2281 to arrange an appointment directly with practice.
COVID-19 vaccinations are currently available at a number of locations in Queenstown. The situation will continue to evolve in response to Alert Levels.
People who are currently eligible include everyone 30 or over, and people 16+ who are Māori and Pasifika or have a relevant health condition. Other vulnerable groups 16+ are also eligible such as essential workers and homeless people. Young people aged 12-15 are eligible when attending with their 30+ whanau members and will be eligible without whanau from 1st of September. COVID-19 vaccinations are free.
People 30+ can book on BookMyVaccine or by calling 0800 28 29 26 (8am-8pm, 7 days). Other eligible groups can call 0800 28 29 26 (8am-8pm, 7 days). All eligible people are also able to take advantage of walk in or drive in clinics in the local area.
- Queenstown Medical Centre
Queenstown Medical Centre is currently vaccinating from 8am to 2.30pm at the Queenstown Memorial Hall, located at 1 Memorial Street from Thursday 26 August until Friday 10 September. If you have a vaccination appointment booked with Queenstown Medical Centre between 26 August and 10 September, please go to the Memorial Hall. If your appointment was cancelled due to Alert Level 4 restrictions, please rebook on BookMyVaccine or by calling 0800 28 29 26 (8am-8pm, 7 days).
- Wakatipu Medical Centre
Wakatipu Medical Centre is vaccinating via a drive through clinic at 4 Thirteenth Avenue, Lower Shotover, Queenstown on weekdays between 10am to 3pm. This is dependent on the South remaining in Alert Level 3 or 4. Appointments are essential – email the practice at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queenstown Events Centre
Drive through vaccinations are available at the Queenstown Events Centre between 10am and 3pm from Wednesday 25 August to Saturday 28 August. These vaccinations are available to eligible groups, with a priority for vulnerable people, essential workers and Māori and Pasifika 16+.
Up to date information can be found on HealthPoint here: https://www.healthpoint.co.nz/community-health-services/community-health/queenstown-event-centre-drive-through-vaccination/
- Bookings are not required, however vaccinations are limited per day and are operating on a first come first served basis.
- Please follow instructions on the signage boards on the highway.
- People may be requested to leave if the queue reaches capacity and/or becomes a traffic safety hazard.
- People should be advised that they may wait between one to four hours for a vaccination.
- There are no toilet facilities on site.
- It is advised to bring water, snacks and a book or similar for while you wait.
- Please bring and wear your mask.
- Bring ID if you have it.