Latest Wanaka vaccination centre details
From the SDHB:
COVID-19 swabbing is available at two locations in Wanaka by appointment only. You do not need to be an enrolled patient to access swabbing. You can call 0800 VIRUS19 (0800 847 8719) to make a booking or call the practice directly. COVID-19 swabs are free.
People should be swabbed if they have been at a location of interest at the time listed by Ministry of Health, or if they are experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Wanaka Medical Centre is swabbing during weekdays from 8am to 6pm at Wanaka Lakes Health Centre, 23 Cardrona Valley Road, Wanaka. People can call (03) 443 0710 to arrange an appointment directly with the practice.
- Aspiring Medical Centre is swabbing at Wanaka Lakes Health Centre, 23 Cardrona Valley Road, Wanaka. People can call (03) 443 0725 to arrange an appointment directly with the practice.
- Swabbing clinics also run every Saturday and Sunday. Weekend clinics are staffed by either Aspiring Medical Centre or Wanaka Medical Centre - both practices are located at Wanaka Lakes Health Centre, 23 Cardrona Valley Road, Wanaka.
COVID-19 vaccinations are currently available through two GP practices in Wanaka at three locations. The situation will continue to evolve in response to Alert Levels. Bookings are essential for all appointments in Wanaka.
From Wednesday 1 September everyone 12+ can book on BookMyVaccine or by calling 0800 28 29 26 (8am-8pm, 7 days).
Aspiring Medical Centre
- Aspiring Medical Centre is currently vaccinating from 9.30 to 5.30 at the Wanaka Community Hub, 23 McDougall Street, Wanaka. Bookings are essential.
Clinic hours are:
- Wednesday 1st September
- Thursday 2nd September
- Saturday 3rd September
- Tuesday 7th September
- Wednesday 8th September
- Friday 10th September
- Saturday 11th September
Wanaka Medical Centre
Wanaka Medical Centre is vaccinating from two locations, and these appear as two different clinics in BookMyVaccine. When booking, people should choose the location that suits them best.
- Location one:
Wanaka Physiotherapy premises, Wanaka Lakes Health Centre, 23 Cardrona Valley Road, Wanaka.
Bookings are essential.
- Weekdays from 5.30 to 8.30pm
- Location two:
Pop-up Drive-In Clinic at the Old Mitre 10 Building, Wanaka.
- Enter via the Cliff-Wilson Street entrance.
- Bookings are essential, this is not a drop-in event.
- Everyone in your vehicle should have an appointment. You do not need to be booked in together at the same time, but you must all be booked on the same day.
- People in your vehicle without appointments may not be vaccinated.
- Only people in your bubble should be in your vehicle.
- Please arrive in and remain in your car wearing masks.
- We will vaccinate you and your bubble at the same time in your vehicle.
- Thursday 2 September 9.30am to 1pm
- Saturday 4 September, Sunday 5 September, 9.30am to 6pm
- Saturday 11 September, Sunday 12 September, 9.30am to 6pm
- The pop-up Drive-in Clinic will reoccur in October for second doses
People with an existing booking for Saturday 4 September
- If you had an existing booking for Saturday 4th at the Wanaka Lakes Health Centre, the location has now changed to the pop-up Drive-In Clinic at the Old Mitre 10 Building, Wanaka. If you are happy to attend the drive in clinic, you do not need to do anything other than go to the new location.
- If you do not want to attend the drive in, please rebook your appointment by visiting www.bookmyvaccine.co.nz or calling 0800 28 29 26.
- We will contact everyone with an existing booking to communicate the above information.
HAVE YOUR SAY
New to Crux?
Create an account
It's free to register and we won’t bombard you with annoying emails. Login Here.
No one has commented on this page yet.