Crux launches new community service
In line with our goal of providing the best possible channels for community communication, Crux will be launching the Crux Community Bulletin in mid-March.
The move follows a dramatic increase in Crux audience figures that are now approaching 10,000 local page views a day. On social media Crux connects with over 25,000 people each week.
The Bulletin will be part of a new Crux website that will be re-launched next month with a variety of new and useful features. There is also a dedicated Crux Community Bulletin Facebook group that has been launched today.
Please note that the Facebook group is fully moderated and you will need to join the group in order to post - all posts will also be moderated.
From today, residents of Queenstown, Wānaka and Cromwell (plus all the surrounding areas) will be able to contribute articles, local stories, events, and community causes to the Crux Community Bulletin.
The planned launch is Friday, March 11 so all contributions for the website need to be relevant after that date.
The thinking behind the Crux Community Bulletin is that we receive lots of information that is not strictly news but is still useful and important. Our approach to robust Public Interest Journalism will remain undiluted and continue to be hosted in the News section of the Crux website and on the Crux Facebook page as well as Instagram and LinkedIn.
So, if you are a Facebook user, sign up for the Crux Community Bulletin group today, and start submitting your contributions for the new web pages by email to this address.
In some cases, if you need help or it is a big story, a Crux journalist will be available to write a piece for the Bulletin. All contributions will be fully checked prior to publication on the website.
Here’s the content guidelines. Please submit by email to this address.
- Keep it simple. Up to 400 words (preferably as a Word attachment) with a maximum of three high quality images – two should be landscape format and all the images should be at least 800 Mb file size. Leave a generous border around the edges of the photo.
- Make sure everyone in the images (plus the image owner) and your text has given you their permission to be published.
- This is a broad-based community service, so please avoid controversy. We are not able to publish political content, issues-based stories, or personal fundraising causes.
- We can’t publish everything – so our decision on what gets published is final and we reserve the right to shorten/edit articles.
- Organisations, PR companies and clubs are all welcome to submit Bulletin content – but please make sure to include full contact details for whoever is the focus of the story.
HAVE YOUR SAY
New to Crux?
Create an account
It's free to register and we won’t bombard you with annoying emails. Login Here.
No one has commented on this page yet.