Two Qtown Covid locations of interest
The Ministry of Health has identified two Queenstown sites as locations of interest in relation to the spread of Covid.
Here are the details:
SkyCity Casino, Queenstown16 Beach Street, Queenstown 9300
Saturday 01 January
5:50 pm - 7:30 pm
Oaks Club Suites, Queenstown171 Frankton Road, Queenstown 9300
Thursday 30 December
9:30 pm -
Sunday 02 January
Here's today's full Ministry of Health media release:
The vaccine remains our key defence against all variants of COVID-19, including Omicron. We continue to ask everyone who is eligible to get vaccinated, including people who are now eligible for a booster dose.
In the past 24 hours, 21,821 booster doses (previous day: 44,466 doses), 746 first doses (previous day: 1,284 doses) and 2,333 second doses (previous day: 3921) were administered.
COVID-19 vaccine update
- Vaccines administered to date (percentage of eligible people): 3,980,481 first doses (95%); 3,873,275 second doses (92%); 31,795 third primary doses; 490,107 booster doses
- Vaccines administered yesterday: 746 first doses; 2,333 second doses; 194 third primary doses and 21,821 booster doses.
- Māori (percentage of eligible people): 502,069 first doses (88%); 466,598 second doses (82%)
- Pacific Peoples (percentage of eligible people): 270,269 first doses (94%); 260,070 second doses (91%)
Paediatric Pfizer vaccine doses arrive
More than half a million doses of Pfizer vaccine for 5-11 year old children arrived in New Zealand this weekend. Immunisation of children aged 5 – 11 years old starts on Monday 17 January. Children need two doses of the vaccine to be fully protected and it is recommended that these are given at least eight weeks apart, although the interval can be safely shortened to a minimum of 21 days if needed. The vaccine is free. A parent, caregiver or legal guardian will need to accompany the child to their immunisation appointment and provide consent for them to be vaccinated.
Vaccination rates by DHB with active cases (percentage of eligible people)
- Northland DHB: First doses (89%); second doses (85%)
- Auckland Metro DHBs: First doses (98%); second doses (97%)
- Waikato DHB: First doses (94%); second doses (91%)
- Bay of Plenty DHB: First doses (94%); second doses (90%)
- Lakes DHB: First doses (92%); second doses (88%)
- Taranaki DHB: First doses (93%); second doses (90%)
- Tairāwhiti DHB: First doses (91%); second doses (87%)
- Hawke’s Bay DHB: First doses (95%); second doses (91%)
- Canterbury DHB: First doses (98%); second doses (96%)
- Capital and Coast DHB: First doses (98%); second doses (96%)
- Hutt Valley DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (93%)
Cases in hospital: 31; Northland 1; North Shore: 5; Auckland: 11; Middlemore: 12, Tauranga: 2.
Vaccination status of current hospitalisations (Northern Region wards only): Unvaccinated or not eligible (8 cases / 30%); partially immunised <7 days from second dose or have only received one dose (7 cases / 26%); fully vaccinated at least 7 days before being reported as a case (11 cases / 41%); 1 unknown (4%).
Average age of current hospitalisations: 58
Cases in ICU or HDU: 2 (both in Middlemore).
- Seven day rolling average of community cases: 30
- Number of new community cases: 85 over past two days
- Number of new cases identified at the border: 64 over past two days
- Location of new community cases over past two days: Auckland (57), Waikato (7), Taranaki (1), Bay of Plenty (16), Lakes (2), Wellington (2)
- Number of community cases (total): 11,142 (in current community outbreak)
- Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 8,387
- Number of active cases (total): 1,087 (cases identified in the past 21 days and not yet classified as recovered)
- Confirmed cases (total): 14,298
- Number of active contacts being managed (total): 5,176
- Percentage who have received an outbound call from contact tracers (to confirm testing and isolation requirements): 82%
- Percentage who have returned at least one result: 81%
- Number of tests total (last 24 hours): 11,845
- Tests rolling average (last 7 days): 11,942
- Auckland tests total (last 24 hours): 6,201
There were no unexpected wastewater detections.
NZ COVID Tracer
- Poster scans in the 24 hours to midday yesterday: 2,431,664
- Manual diary entries in the 24 hours to midday: 37,650
My Vaccine Pass
- My vaccine pass downloads total: 4,702,725
- My vaccine pass downloads (last 24 hours): 10,628