Entries Now Open for The Hills Charity Day
Crux and The Hills golf course are inviting applications for a single local charity to benefit from their annual Charity Day. The event, on April 6th, will raise around $30,000 for the charity with the most community votes.
Entries open on Monday, February 25th and should be sent by email to [email protected]. Just 300 words about your favourite charity and up to three images - that's all that is involved in entering. See full details below.
Voting starts on March 12th.
- All charitable projects within the Wakatipu basin (including Gibbston Valley, Kingston and Glenorchy) are eligible but the charity must have been running for at least one year and be properly governed as a registered charity or an incorporated society.
- The competition will be 100% judged by members of the community, who live in the competition area – one vote per person either via the Crux website, the Crux Facebook page or by email to [email protected].
- The entries will be via a 300 word statement of support including up to three images. The support statement should be written by a person directly associated with the charity – not by a communications professional. This is a condition of entry.
- All entries should be sent as a Word document with JPEG images (minimum resolution 1Mb – landscape format preferred) to [email protected]
- Crux will publish all of the entries between Monday February 25 and Monday March 11th.
- The community will then be able to vote for their favourite entry between Tuesday March 12th and Friday March 15th.
- The result will be announced at The Hills on Monday March 18th and the selected charity will then need to assemble a collection of prizes for the better performing teams and auction items (restaurant vouchers, local adventure tourism packages, movie passes etc) that will help raise money for their charity on the Charity Day.
- Crux will carry full coverage of the Charity Day on April 6th, 2019.
- The writer of the winning submission will receive either a round of golf for 2 at The Hills or a guided tour of The Hills Sculpture Park for 2.
- Good Luck!!