Photo Competition Rules
Here’s the Photo of the Day competition guidelines and rules – make sure to read them carefully!
- Entrants must take the photos themselves, and make sure any people in the photo have agreed to the photo being published.
- To enter the competition, you should live in the Crux audience area – that’s Queenstown, Wānaka and Cromwell – along with the surrounding towns including Glenorchy, Kingston, Hawea and Bannockburn.
- We are looking for images with a heart and soul – not technical perfection. Please avoid anything other than basic processing of images – images with no filters/processing and taken with natural light are preferred.
- Images should be between 1 Mb and 2Mb (no less) in file size, supplied as a JPEG file.
- Images should be landscape aspect ratio (not portrait) –– that’s a basic rectangle shape (wider at the lower edge - around 4:3 up to 16:9) that is suitable for digital publishing. We reserve the right to crop the photo and reduce the file size/resolution if necessary for publishing.
- Supply a basic caption (location of image and who/what is in the image) with your full name and where you live.
- Crux reserves the right to re-publish the images.
All photo entries should be sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org